New Orleans Immigration Attorneys

Zollinger Law

Whether you are seeking temporary or permanent residency, or you want to apply for naturalization to become a citizen of the United States, the immigration process can be very complex.

Because immigration law can be so intimidating, Zollinger Immigration Law is here to help you. If you would like to speak to a New Orleans based immigration attorney, don’t hesitate to call Zollinger Immigration Law at (504) 799-2244 to setup a consultation.

Why You Need An Immigration Attorney

There isn’t one single process that everyone sues to immigrate to the United States. Many people become permanent residents after obtaining a temporary visa for work, school, or tourism. To obtain any of these visas, though, the basic process is the same. First, a sponsor relative, spouse, or institution will file a petition for your residency. Then, all fees will be paid, followed by your sponsor signing an Affidavit of Support, and you will submit your visa application.

The process may seem somewhat simple, but it’s easy to get lost in all of the required documentation. You’ll want to ensure that you have the proper petitions and applications for your visa. After all, there are a number of different types of visas that you can apply for.

The immigration services we provide to individuals include, but are not limited to:

Family-Based Visas

  • F1 Visa – The Family First Preference visa can be issued to the unmarried daughter or son of a United States Citizen, as well as all of her/his minor children.
  • F2 Visa – The Family Second Preference is issued to the minor children and unmarried adult children of lawful permanent residents of the United States.
  • F3 Visa – Married adult children of U.S. citizens, and their spouses, may receive this type of visa.
  • F4 Visa – This type of visa is issued to the siblings of U.S. citizens, as well as to their spouses and minor children. The U.S. citizens must be over 21 years of age for an F4 visa to be issued to their siblings and extended family.

Other Individual Visas

  • B-2 Visas – These are issued to foreign nationals visiting the United States for leisure and tourism. A B-2 visa typically will not be issued for a stay of more than 90 days.
  • Student Visas – This visa is issued to students attending bona fide educational institutions, approved by the Department of Homeland Security (F-1 and M-1), the Department of State (J-1), and/or the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Student visas are considered to be non-immigrant visas. To stay beyond attaining the approved education, the student must obtain a waiver or extension.
  • K-1 and K-3 Visas – A K-1 visa is issued to a U.S. citizen’s fiancé, while a K-3 visa will be issued to a U.S. citizen’s spouse.


If you have lived and worked in the United States as a permanent legal resident, you may want to enjoy the rights of becoming a full citizen of the United States, such as voting, working as a Federal employee, and traveling with a United States passport. We can help you through the process of becoming a naturalized U.S. Citizen.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

As of June 15, 2012, legislation has gone into effect that grants undocumented persons who arrived as children, and who have pursued education or military service, some leniency or deferred removal. If you are being put through the removal process or fear that you may be removed, and you fall under DACA protection, call Zollinger Immigration Law today at (504) 799-2244 for a free consultation.